Saving and storing your wine
Jeroen van Mierlo teaches wine courses, in which he explains people the basics about wine. He answers the most asked questions about wine: ”How should I properly store my wine”.
How to store your wine
Storing wine properly is of great importance. If you store your wine in a wrong way, it will go bad and of course we want to avoid big disappointments when opening a bottle. Wine is influenced by light, temperature, and oxygen. Therefore there are certain ‘rules’ to storing your wines:
- Reseal your wine with a bottle stopper or even better a vacuum seal.
- Store the wine in a dark place.
- Unopened wines are best stored lying down
- Keep the temperature constant of about 12 degrees Celsius.
- Avoid big temperature changes.
- Let the wines rest, don’t move them about too often.